Olive oil, part of the Mediterranean diet, is a traditional fat that has been a dietary staple for some of the world’s healthiest populations!
Here are some health benefits of olive oil that are supported by scientific research.
1. Historically, olive oil was used not only for food, but for medicine, lamp fuel, soap, and skin care.
2. Extra virgin olive oil is fairly nutritious. It is loaded with powerful antioxidants. These antioxidants are biologically active and may help fight serious diseases. This includes antioxidants that can fight inflammation and help prevent the cholesterol in our blood from becoming oxidized, both crucial steps in the heart disease process.
3. Olive oil is believed to have a protective effect against a variety of cancers, including breast, prostate, endometrium and digestive tract.
4. Studies have shown that olive oil reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
5. Olive oil appears to be highly protective against diabetes. Mediterranean diet with olive oil reduced the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by over 40%.
ADRESS: Zidine 5, 52466 NOVIGRAD