Crabs are consumed by people in a great amount all around the world. How much do we know about this popular product?
Here are some facts about crabs that you didn`t know.
1. There are about 5,000 species of crabs. Only about 4,500 are true crabs. The other 500 types are false crabs and include hermit crabs, king crabs, porcelain crabs, horseshoe crabs, and crab lice.
2. A crab can use its claws as a vice for crushing or like scissors for cutting. They can also be used like chopsticks to pick up food.
3. Crabs communicate by flapping their pincers or drumming their claws.
4. True crabs can walk slowly in any direction, but when they need to hurry, they usually move sideways.
5. Crab meat is very high in vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 helps prevent anemia and keep our nerve and blood cells healthy. While some people take supplements to get enough of this vitamin, you can also eat crab: just 2-3 ounces of crab meat contains an adult's daily B12 requirement.
6. Dark meat from the body of the crab and is rich in Omega-3.
7. All crab species are low in fat and a good source of protein. Like other marine species, crabs are rich in minerals like selenium and other nutrients. Some crab products that are brine frozen may have higher levels of sodium.
ADRESS: Zidine 5, 52466 NOVIGRAD