THE PERFECTION OF JAPANESE KNIVES
This article will help you to sharpen up your knowledge about magnificent Japanese knives.
Did you know that the way of cutting defines the taste and flavor of food. Cutting is one of the crucial elements in preparing food. Top chefs all over the world use Japanese knives because they are committed to achieve a better standard in preparing food.
Did you know these interesting facts about Japanese knives:
- Japanese knives are made in the same way as a Samurai sword. The tradition of the Samurai sword dates back to 14th century. After WW2, production of weapons was forbidden in Japan. This prohibition applied on sword maker and because of that, they have redirected their effort into kitchen knives.
- Blade of Japanese knives is thinner at the tip end, which is perfect when you prepare raw fish.
- Initially, Japanese single-bevel knives was designed for right-handed people because left-handedness traditionally had a negative connotation. But now, there are adjusted version for left-handed people.
- Chefs in Japan are trained to use one type of knife for mostly everything.
- Japanese knives are made from stainless steel which is demanding to produce and forge and therefore more expensive.
In our restaurant, you have the opportunity to see how our chefs use Japanese knives to prepare raw fish and other seafood.