Seafood is cooked quickly and is perfect for quick weeknight meals or a gourmet feast! It is a great source of protein, and it provides all sorts of health benefits, including heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
To make a good choice of seafood here is a few categories in which Mediterranean seafood is usually devided.
1. Fish: marine pelagic, marine demersal, diadromous, freshwater.
2. Molluscs: bivalves, gastropods, cephalopods.
3. Crustaceans: shrimps, crabs, lobsters, krill.
4. Other aquatic animals: aquatic mammals, aquatic reptiles, echinoderms, jellyfish.
5. Aquatic plants and microphytes: seaweed, microphytes.
Seafood is consumed all over the world; it provides the world's prime source of high-quality protein. Whitefish such as haddock and cod are very low in fat and calories which, combined with oily fish rich in Omega-3 such as mackerel,sardines, fresh tuna, salmon and trout, can help to protect against coronary heart disease, as well as helping to develop strong bones and teeth.
Shellfish are particularly rich in zinc, which is essential for healthy skin and muscles as well as fertility.
The conclusion is that any type of seafood you choose is full of nutrients that give a great source of health and energy.
In Damir & Ornella we offer you to enjoy a great variety of seafood cooked with care and love for every customer and to have a great experience of Mediterranean cuisine.
Indirizzo: Zidine 5, 52466 Cittanova